Friday, December 28, 2012

Xue Miao: Dedication to Akiraceo

I made a quick post by uploading the pictures and narrating the story picture-by-picture through the video below. You can choose to skip the video and browse the pictures or read the captions as well. It's an eleven-minute-long video and the quality was surprisingly bad, I recorded it straight from the video icon through my webcam. If you ever choose to post a video on your blog, just film it on the computer's webcam application and upload it after. 
  

Alright, so I stayed home on Thursday because my relatives become pissed if I go out too often and I was told to shovel snow in the driveway at one o'clock, after making a snow angel on a lump of snow the idea to build a snowman popped in my head.Then I remembered I had to make a snowcat for a friend and I eagerly headed to the backyard to start work.

It was a learning experience. From what I had seen on T.V., people make snowmen by separately forming snowballs and stacking them atop the other. However, I had trouble rolling one for the head after piling snow and shaping the body. The snow was so dry and fresh, it just wouldn't stick; even after dripping water, it just wouldn't work. So I improvised and piled more snow on the original mountain and pressed the top to make the head.

I formed the ears by squeezing it between my gloves, slowly shaping it. The tail was the last thing I worked on and it was a last minute add-on. A cat is not a cat without its tail!

Photobucket


This took about an hour and a half, after an hour I took a break by rolling in the snow (above image) and all these pictures were taken after the fact that I had lost my phone. I went to my room to search for it and consequently, I grabbed my camera to snap photographs.

Photobucket


The view from the top.

Photobucket


The view from the cat's sexy back. Meow.
Photobucket



This was a stolen piece of comic strip from Jian's blog meant for reference which was never used after I saved it on my phone.

I had a rough memory of Miao, two orange strips on three sides of the face. I had totally forgotten the eyebrows! :c( The designs were cut out from paper, it was quite a feat putting it on. It wouldn't stick on with water alone, I had to pat snow over it and then pour water on it to clarify the snow's whiteness.

Photobucket


I lined the arms with my forefinger and the mouth was difficult engrave after leaving the cat to stand for half an hour while I searched for my smartphone. It hardened so when I tried to scrape it, a chunk of it broke off. I began to feel like an artiste and wanted a chisel and hammer to delicately shape the beautiful sculpture it was to become. "I could be an ice sculptor..." I had thought.

Photobucket


The fabulous side view of Miao, absolutely gorgeous, such a slight figure. He'd be a heavenly pyramid.
Photobucket

SEE HOW HARD WORKING I WAS? I scraped it until the grass appeared!
Photobucket

The Cat against the backdrop of the snowy terrain, a fierce cat, a rare species that can survive in such desolate conditions.
Photobucket

Meow! C: I LOVE IT, IT'S SO CUTE!
Photobucket

I took a picture with it as proof of making it... plus, people always take pictures of famous landmarks. *cough*
Photobucket

I had convinced myself to finish the cat before the last thorough search for my smartphone since I had already spent so much time building it. After sticking on the pieces of paper, I took as many pictures that would satisfiy me and proceeded to dig out Miao. I told my aunt to look at my finished work before I destroyed it, she liked it, she thought it was cute. :)

I actually had quite a fun time smashing it, although I was sad that the fruit of my efforts were shortlived.
Photobucket

Miao was lying on the ground bodyless, it was a tragic sight to behold. I was frowning... knowing what I had to do next. "I'm sorry, Miao," I cried.
Photobucket

"Meow meow meow meo-meow, meeeeow," said Miao. (Translation: --you'll never know!! T________T)
Photobucket

"Bye bye cat."
"Meow meow."
Photobucket

Piak!
Photobucket

And that was the end of Xue Miao. It was unneeded because my phone was phone a foot from the place I got up when I rolled (the very left at the bottom of the first picture). I'm so sorry! T_T I really feel so bad.
Photobucket
 
I will always remember you, Snow Miao and I miss you very much.
 
 
You know what else aggravates me? I forgot to wrap a scarf around Xue Miao! I even brought it down into the kitchen but my lost phone preoccupied me so much and my grandmother hung my scarf on the back of a chair, when it was originally on my sheets of construction paper, all of which wiped out the intention of clothing Miao. Aiyaaaaaa.

2 comments:

Sherrie Pui said...

So cute!!!

ms.bulat said...

harrow! this is really cute!! O_O why destroy!