Saturday, December 31, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Today was really fun. Also, I bought this winter robe from Costa Blanca on sale for CAD30. I think it's really pretty. I've never bought anything this earthy before. It finally started snowing... so heavily like it was heaven! So I met a friend and we took a walk through the woods where I snapped quite a few pictures.



I love snow. I think it makes everything so beautiful.
Photobucket

I just realized that I should have brightened all the pictures before uploading them. But I don't fancy editing scenic photos.
Doesn't the snow make them look like blooming flowers? They look like little fluffs of cotton.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Meet my friend Garrett, it's a handsome name for a... goofy boy.
Photobucket

They look amazing in real life, it's a pity I couldn't capture the beauty of the snow-covered trees.
Photobucket

The frosty leaves reminded me of grey hair. Cold, alone, barren... but in a community elderly home.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Frozen stream.
Photobucket
Photobucket
My favorite shot.
Photobucket
I was totally walking in a winter wonderland in these woods.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I took this picture while lying down.
Photobucket

And my make-up was jeopardized when Garrett, a lovely gentleman, very kindly palmed my face with his gloves that was covered in snow. The snow melted upon contact and my mascara started to run. Why, thank you, thank you very much.
Photobucket
Omg, the crystallization of the snow is so beautiful on the branches! It was so intricate and delicate... but I apologize, my 12MP compact camera didn't do a satisfactory job.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I guess that's about it. I hope you enjoyed the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them.

4 comments:

Jeffrey Kotyk said...

Nostalgic seeing these photos. I'm a canuck abroad, and while I don't miss the cold, seeing photos of Canadian winter warms my heart.

Jeffrey Kotyk said...

Oh, and I read through your blog a few pages back. I'll subscribe.

Maybe I'm homesick as a result of seeing the photos you posted. :)

Zoe Yve said...

Oh, what a pleasure it is to have you stumble across my blog then. Winter is very warm now, you can come home anytime. Hahaha.

Thanks but my blog can get really "emo" at times, hope you won't mind. :S

randy said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387@gmail.com