Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hair Dilemma

Ahhh... it's that time of the year again. I'm not talking about the beginning of a new school year or the end of summer. I'm talking about getting a hair cut. It's troubling business for me because for the past two years I've been trying to grow my hair really long, long as in reaching my waist and right now I've succeeded. Working in a hair salon/academy didn't help as needy students begged me to be their hair model almost everyday and I was pretty pissed since I was supposed to be the receptionist. Not a back up hair styling experiment. Anyways, I was very happy to have left that job until a couple of days ago, I realized that my best hair cuts were from that salon. But the negative experience prohibited me from enjoying and appreciating it at that time.

I can say that I've never had a satisfactory hair cutting experience all my life. The stylists would damage my hair from rough combing, painfully pull and tugg my head around and/or cut more than I asked for. For me, going to a hair salon is like going to the dentist for the majority of people. I've never had a bad experience with a dentist before so I don't see what the big deal is.

But when you've got an aching tooth... well, in my case, a shapeless headful of hair... you gotta do what you gotta do. Look at me! :[



Yes, I've gotten a lot darker in the summer thanks to all the cycling around town. It's very uneven too, my forehead and jaw area are much darker than the rest of my face. Now back to my hair, it's really needs to be trimmed or permanently styled to make it voluminous--permed.  But I don't want to perm it because it's very damaging and I don't just want a trim, I want it cut to something more flattering.



Perhaps a shorter fringe? But it's so troublesome to pin it back when reading or exercising.



Plus, the salon branch that's in Toronto is charging C$50 per cut and if I convert it to Ringgit Malaysia it's almost RM150. I also have to tip! It's tough being a student on a tight budget in a western culture that throws money around like it's nothing.

I don't know what to do. *cries*
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments: