Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut butter, who doesn't like peanut butter? I used to hate it when I was younger, it was so dry that it would stick to my throat and it wasn't very tasty either. Well that was ten years ago, now they made it creamier and delicious. Peanut butter is so popular, it's the IT breadspread, LEGIT. Nah, actually I think yogurt will soon be the cool breadspread to eat. Still, peanut butter is very "in", they've made peanut butter and jelly swirls in a jar, Reese (proof of God's love) and peanut butter cookies.

Specifically, my Ma-ma's Chinese peanut butter cookies for Chinese New Year. Even though Chinese New Year is three weeks away, my grandma couldn't help but to prepare by baking all the goodies. I woke up one afternoon to this, it was just four days ago(the 15th).




But gee, Chinese New Year is on the 3rd of February this year. Ma-ma's always excited about the new year for two reasons: 1)The new Chinese calendar and 2)the hope of a better(auspicious) year. Well, that's nice, it's good to be excited about something. Just like how I'm excited about Christmas every year, except for last year, I felt dead on the inside for some reason.

Anyways, MY GRANDMA'S PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES ROCK.



She cuts them like Playdoh...or no, no it was actually Playdoh that copied baking. But still, it's a whole lot of fun... just that my Ma-ma complains that it takes too much time to make. I think it's fun. They're pretty easy to make, the hard part is just mixing in the right amount to get the perfect texture and taste. Not that I know anything about that. Grandma rolled her *secret* ingredients into a dough ball and rolls them out and then she used the little cookie cutters to slice them out.



They're so adorable, they're like tiny little peanut buttercups. Buttercups are beautiful but with peanut butter, they're beautiful AND delicious.



Ma-ma made two and a half trays of them which was a little over two boxes. I brought about 10 pieces to school to let my friends try them and they liked it. Yay, acceptance! Seriously, I could have eaten ALL of them. All 200 of them. :3 I'm learning so much stuff from my grandma, she's a great cook and hopefully I can pick it up from her.



Aren't you guys--oh no, I wouldn't...be. I absolutely CAN'T STAND all that Chinese New Year songs in the shopping mall, in Malaysia that is. I like singing them on the actual day but hearing them for weeks before the event really annoys me. I think it's just the shopping malls' way to get us in the mood and shop for more clothes but that's fine, they do that on Christmas too. I looove Christmas songs as long as they're not overplayed.



I know I'm not supposed to bring peanuts or anything that is a popular allergen to school but I made sure there were no crumbs and that my friends weren't allergic to peanuts.

No comments: