Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Me time

For the past few times, I've been doing my homework in the middle of the night. I didn't like and my aunt wasn't happy about it either. Well, I had no other way because working in the evening was frustrating. My name would be called several times, my doors would be knocked on a couple of times. I did not appreciate my concentration being broken so many bloody times.

I needed my space. No, I do spend a lot of time with my aunt who is my "mother". She cares and provides for me and loves me, I know that. Sometimes, we spend too much time together? I think she thinks she's not doing enough for me or fears that I need something. All this attention reminded me that I was in a family now. I am no longer alone at home with hours of quietness and without disturbance, people were actually worried about me.

I'm really used to doing my own stuff in my room and not bothered about/by others. So I began to loath the care I was getting rather than appreciate it. My aunt started lecturing me about my work management, she demanded that I learn to "organize my time". No doubt I was a little cross because she was the main reason of me doing this but she didn't know... and it wasn't intentional. Being interrupted during the planned time isn't nice so I would go to sleep early in the night and wake up 4 hours later around midnight to do my homework.

That is how much I value my undisturbed alone time. I'd give up half of my sleep time to enjoy my waking moments with peace. I wish my aunt could understand that. I tried telling her before but I don't want to repeat at the risk of getting the alien treatment.

I don't like having eyebags either you know. I thought that this was the best way rather than telling them to leave me alone when I'm busy doing my homework because I didn't want to hurt their feelings. Them, my family, grandparents, aunt and cousin. I doubt I could keep this up. It's only been the third time and I feel like a zzzombieee.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

3 comments:

Corynn said...

I know what you mean. I do that too. It's not necessarily a good thing, but I need that complete silence to concentrate on my work :)

Sue Me said...

It takes time to adapt to a new environment. And you should organize your time. Definitely not fun to wake up in the middle of the night to do homework. I was there. And I didn't like it. Now I just do my stuffs earlier. If anyone interrupts me, I'll plug in the MP3 and I hear nobody. Maybe you could leave a note at the door saying "Homework Time and get back to you soon!"

Lil Zoe, I am so proud of you. I bet you will be in university anytime soon. As for me, I am graduating in five months. :) I'm gonna save and visit you in Canada one day, perhaps? How's that? <3

xoxo Lil Zoe!

Zoeyve said...

Corynn- Yeah, how can they expect you to do know anything when they take up most of your time or bother you all the time?

Sue Me- I know them, they'll laugh at me. My family is the more conservative/traditional Chinese type. If I were to ignore my aunt, she'd be pissed at me for two days.

Aw, that means so much to me! Thanks *encouraged*, I so want to be in university but I'm scared I can't handle the pressure because the education in my highschool is a joke. :x

Wow, next April! Wish I could attend your graduation. Take lotsa pics! It would be so nice to hang out with you here. Can't wait<3