Monday, May 04, 2009

I Can Relate to Ghosts of Girlfriends Past

GOP_Poster.jpg



Ghosts of Girlfriends Past is coming out this 4th of June starring Matthew McConaughey as Connor Mead and Jennifer Garner as Jenny. It's about Connor, who is a total womanizer, doesn't believe or want to fall in love and laughs at his brother's wedding on the eve of the day.

Definitely a romantic comedy and how may I relate to it? Hmm... I don't know. Personally, I have never had a boyfriend before. "I'm too young to have a boyfriend!" is what I used to say as an excuse. Sure I've dated a couple of times, that's it. So I guess I'll just have to share my views on this.

Let's see, a casonova is what they call a 'player' over here. I believe players are either very insecured of themselves or don't believe in love. Expounding the first reason, they think by picking up women or tapping them makes them more of a man and it feeds their ego.

On the latter, committing to a relationship is scary as hell 'cus knowing that love won't last for long, desiring other women is unacceptable being stuck in a relationship. That's why, it's best to be a single, flirting, shallow, heart-breaking... in short, a free man.

It's also another protective barrier. I would say it's best not to take things too seriously unless you're planning for long-term commitments. As for me, I think I'll get a boyfriend when I'm 17 or something. Hope I don't catch a Connor!

No comments: