Thursday, March 05, 2009

Miscommunication

I was trying to talk with my friend's maid. We always have a communication problem. She hardly knows any English and I know bits and pieces of Malay. She was telling me her boyfriend and all. I felt really blessed after hearing it, just knowing how much more lucky I am than to have been in her circumstance.

Divorced, with a child and a boyfriend in another country, it's not easy or fair. She asked me whether I had a boyfriend and I said I didn't. She asked why, that was a big problem. It's tiring enough to explain why I don't have or don't want a boyfriend, and translating it into Malay was just gonna get tougher.

"Saya... uh, tak... nono.. lelaki...*lacking Malay vocabs* are assholes," I said.
"Apa ash-hole?"
"Ummm... lelaki, uh.. tak baik."
"Ohhh..."

Phew! That was sure hard. Just trying to have a simple conversation with that woman is a chore for me. She's a really good maid nonetheless, we both love each other to bits! She always asks me what I want to eat, knowing I don't eat chicken and what not, she makes salad for me. Sweet huh.

I haven't been home for 2 days now. I would say it's another form of running away, rather than just disappearing and parents making police reports. You tell them where you're residing making a clear indication you hate your home and never ever want to go back.

I'm just so much trouble at times. No doubt I feel like a parasite too. Even though my best friend comforts me saying it's alright, it does not feel right.

4 comments:

§pinzer said...

learn from experience. i'm glad certain things are taking its course to show you life as how it is.

I always believed that you will decide your own path anyway. all we can do is gently guide you. and i know i'll stick with you till the end because i trust in you.

isn't it nice to have someone who believes in you? :D vice-versa ;)

Ren said...

no chris... we been listed as "lelaki tak baik" :(

LOL

baby girl a, let me teach you few more :D

can say
Lelaki ______

Jahat = tak baik
Miang = Horny
Tak boleh percaya = can't be trusted

and the rest u go find out urself :P

millies' said...

I miss you!

Missyve said...

Spinzer- It is awesome yet frightful :S I don't wish to disappoint either!

Ren - Hahaha, don't want liaww.

millies'- miss ya too! :D