Thursday, January 08, 2009

Music's Cool

Hi all. Good news, good news! Today, I attended my first drum class of the yearrr, woooo. Finally, after bugging my mother for months she found a music school for me. RM$100 per month, which lessons are conducted every week for half an hour. Meaning it's like RM$100 for 2 hours. Now that I'm homeschooled, I ask whether I could attend it twice a week and it was permitted.




The Guitar Store
, not a big, professional center or anything. It's like one of those small academies. They sell instruments on the first floor and teach on the second.



I took their promotion of paying 3 months in advance for 6 hours of free practice in their studio. *phew* The problem of not having a drum set to practice on is now solved.

"Why pay more for extra benefits?!!
Join our "Term Programme" and enjoy 'ONE' of the benefits below:
- 3 months with 3% rebate from fees
- 6 months with 5% rebate from fees
- 10% discount for purchasing musical instrument material
- 6 Hours FREE practice in music / jamming studio "

Taken from their website.


Twice a week, half an hour each. Not bad, and one more day for practice. I'm relieved that I'm finally doing something. But I still do wanna get a job. :D 8 grades to pass and I'm only a beginner, bummers.


We all wanna be rockers, right Roger? :P



Aye!

5 comments:

Huai Bin said...

Girls who play drums and guitar seriously rock (pun not intended).

Myhorng said...

guess some ear drum going to get tortured.

Missyve said...

Huai Bin- i have a guitar but I don't know how to play it. And i look like a loser when playing the drums 'cus i keep getting the beats wrong.

Horry - I shall poke my drum stick into your ear holeeeeee.

Clarisse Teagen said...

Girl.. if you can save up to get an electronic drumset or something that'll be great :) cause like, musicians must practice everday. . . 1 hour. even beginners. .
Try ok :) then you can be really really good.

Missyve said...

Expensive! And my previous drum tch said it's better to get the real drum kit becus of the sound. Wish my mom was as supportive as you are *sobs* I will work hard :) Love ya babe.