Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Blogosphere

I sure am free today. What I thought I'd do was read Chronicles Of Narnia and blog. But I was wrong, I was ONLINE the whole day. Like 12 hours? I didn't go for today's Emerge, firstly, I was too damn tired. Secondly, I wanted to be lazy today knowing that Monday was a public holiday! Hence, I'll be treating Sunday as a Saturday instead, hee.

I wasn't bored, I was actually having a good time watching 'Ferrets love to party' on Youtube which Noc gave me the link. Claiming that they look like me when in fact, only my bloody name was there! Was just wondering the origin of blogging so I typed in: 'Blog' in Wikipedia and read how the word 'blog' first came about. I never knew there were so many types.

There's a personal, question, political, corporate, fashion, education, etc.
I never knew there were such things as 'splog'. Basically, a spamming blog. Usually if you have a particular interest/content in your blog, it would be be suited for the following names: Photoblog, vlog, sketchblog, tumblelogs, and linklogs. I bet they have much more names for different stuff. But those are the basics.

I continued onto several pages and found out there was a code of conduct for bloggers! I NEVER knew and now am fascinated by the simplicity of the rules.


1. Take responsibility not just for your own words, but for the comments you allow on your blog.
2. Label your tolerance level for abusive comments.
3. Consider eliminating anonymous comments.
4. Ignore the trolls.
5. Take the conversation offline, and talk directly, or find an intermediary who can do so.
6. If you know someone who is behaving badly, tell them so.
7. Don't say anything online that you wouldn't say in person.



One question. What the hell are the trolls? Lol. Well heck, I say a lot of stuff I wouldn't say to that person's face. Why? Because I'd be brutally honest and will definitely hurt some feelings and ruin some friendships. So I simply rant and articulate myself in my PERSONAL blog. No hard feelings, yeah?


Also, I don't blog to get popular or money. It's simply to document my life for future memories and good-willed ranting. Yeah, and even without reading about this, blogging has always helped me in so many ways.

"Therapeutic Benefits

Scientists have long known the therapeutic benefits of writing about personal experiences. Blogs provide another convenient avenue for writing about personal experiences. Research shows that it improves memory and sleep, boosts immune cell activity and reduces viral load in AIDS patients and even speeds healing after surgery.[45]" <-- HAHAHAHA back to you, sweety.


To think someone would doubt the therapeutic power of blogging thinking it's only meant for random thoughts or for minor self-entertainment when you're bored. Tsk. It is true when I didn't blog for the span of 2 months, I had difficulty falling asleep, and would twist and turn for hours on end. Just because I had a lot of thoughts and flashbacks about the past week.

That is the POWER of blogging. God knows what I'd do if I couldn't blog. It's too tiring to write everything in a diary. I'm not a book freak, only at certain moods am I a bookworm. Without blogging, I'd simply watch T.V all day.


I had a conversation on MSN with an ex-schoolmate of mine in Canada. He was totally rude. "Why do you... oh nvm."
Me: Why do you what?
Him: Nvm...
Me: Just say it.
Him: I was gonna say only little girls blog and wondered why you did till I remembered you're a little girl.
Me: It's not just for little girls, people become celebrities through this and etc.(I'm not gonna type the whole bothersome "debate".)

* yeah was I offended. I wanted to say go * yourself. Such an insult to ALL avid bloggers out there. And months after he told me he wanted to create a blog for the pure motive of making money by tricking people into clicking advertorials.
Me: How practical.
Him: What?


Ugh. Whatever.



It's reaching 1AM now, I shall reach for my bed with Elmo by my side. Goodnight people! Let's EMERGE~

No comments: